Monday, July 18, 2022

OpenPhilately - a new Open Access journal

Once again it's been a while since I last posted and again it's the usual suspects: work, research, and home.  I am still fairly active over on Twitter @ReluctantPhila1. 

Over the past couple of months I've been contemplating a new project. I've decided to try my hand at publishing an Open Access journal on my library's open journal platform.  I've signed the official agreement with our digital scholarship librarian, had it approved by our Dean, and filled out all of the initial set-up forms.  I am calling the journal, OpenPhilately


OpenPhilately is an open-access journal--free for authors and readers. By making research freely available, we help support the greater global exchange of knowledge. Users have the right to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full text of articles in this journal, and to use them for any other lawful purpose. There are no article submission or processing charges. Each journal volume is preserved via the Walker Library's three level preservation methods including local and cloud storage. The author(s) retains/retain the copyright to the work, but grants OpenPhilately the right to publish, display, and distribute the work in the OpenPhilately journal, in print and electronic format.  All articles will be published under a CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license

Right now I am looking for interested philatelists to join me in this adventure. I am seeking one or two volunteers who would be willing to serve as part of an editorial board, and I am seeking a volunteer with graphic design talents to design the journal's logo.  

Finally, I am looking for content!  Please consider writing an article or review (book, film, or social media) for publication.  

Content guidelines and submission requirements are available on OpenPhilately's webite

First issue target publication is mid-2023. 









No comments:

Post a Comment